Recent Oil Plant Attack Shows 'Absolutely No Protected Places in Russia's Distant Backlines'
Ukrainian drones have hit Russia's oil facility in Ufa, situated some 1,400 kilometres from the Ukrainian border, resulting in explosions and a blaze, per a insider in the Ukrainian SBU.
This represents the latest SBU deep strike in Bashkortostan in the recent weeks. These operations illustrate that there are no safe places in the distant backlines of the Russian Federation.
Ukrainian President Calls On Trump to Broker Peace in the Conflict
Volodymyr Zelenskyy appealed to the US President to mediate a ceasefire in the Ukrainian conflict during a call on the weekend.
"If a war can be ended in a particular zone, then undoubtedly further hostilities can be stopped as well, covering the conflict with Russia," Zelenskyy said, praising Trump's "remarkable" Gaza truce proposal and urging the American leader to pressure the Moscow into talks.
Moscow's Attacks Kill Victims in the Country
Russian attacks on Ukraine killed at least 5 individuals on Saturday and cut power to parts of Ukraine's south Odesa area, as stated by local sources.
Two people were killed in a religious building in the town when it was hit, as reported by local authorities.
In Russia's border region of the Belgorod region, a truck driver was killed by a attack from Ukraine, per municipal sources.
Power Recovery Operations in Kyiv
Operations carried on on the weekend to restore power in the Ukrainian capital, after assaults.
Electricity had been restored to over 800,000 citizens by Saturday and the major private energy company said the main operations to recover electricity was finished though some outages persisted.
Air Defence Operations and Drone Jamming
Ukraine's anti-aircraft systems intercepted or jammed fifty-four of 78 UAVs from Russia launched targeting the country overnight, the air force announced on Saturday.
Russia's military authorities said it intercepted 42 Ukrainian drones over the country's airspace.
Cuban Government Refutes Claims of Sending Troops to the War
Havana on Saturday denied US allegations it has deployed military personnel to engage in the hostilities, while declaring Cuban authorities "do not have accurate data about individuals" participating "voluntarily" or "in the military forces of the conflicting parties".
The ministry in the capital said 26 nationals had been sentenced to jail sentences varying between five up to fourteen years for mercenary involvement since last September when information spread of Cuban nationals being dispatched to the battlefield in the conflict.
Surrender Initiative Project Reveals Data on Cuban National Recruitment
The surrender initiative, a official Kyiv program that urges enemy combatants to surrender, said in May: "We have confirmed the identities and information of one thousand and twenty-eight individuals who enlisted with the Russian military in the past two years."
The Cuban authorities commented of those who might be involved: "Undeniably that none of them has the support, dedication, or approval of the Cuban authorities for their activities."
Kin of Cubans who left for the Russian Federation in 2023 reported to Agence France-Presse at the time that their family members had been tricked into joining through promotions on online platforms.